
My mom passed away on Saturday, August 23rd, 2008 at about 11 p.m at age 78. She had fallen and broken her hip for the second time, and we were warned that this would bring her to the end of her life quickly, as is the case in many elderly people. She lasted almost a week after the fall, and then she was released from her suffering to go home to the spirit world to be with all her family and friends who have gone on before, to await the resurrection day. We were happy for her "graduation" as my dad called it, and although we all miss her dearly we are comforted by our faith. This picture is of my family at the burial site, by mom's beautiful pink casket. The first picture shows the raw emotion of how hard it is to say this goodbye (for now) to Mom. The second picture show us smiling at a joke told by one of the picture-taking relatives. L-R is brother Robert, me, Dan, Claire (Rob's wife), Susan, Dad, Dave (Susan's husband), Mary, Matt (Mary's husband), Bev and Barney (Bev's husband). There truly is opposition in all things; here it is we are experience the joys of feeling blessed by a truly wonderful mother, and the accompanying sadness at seeing her go and knowing we must live without her for a time. This understanding makes me appreciate what I am going through and have a better perspective. I look forward to the day of resurrection to see my mother again, for the first time as a young woman. She was a great mother and friend, and I wouldn't know where to begin to describe all the many qualities I loved and admired about her, and all the fond memories I have of her. I miss her so!
1 comment:
You are a natural at blogging! Keep it up! Your format and black and white kid photos are beautiful. We can't wait to see you next week!
Post a Comment