
These are the Dynamite Clear Mix from Hometown Nursery (I love their new store on Spring Street). They can get quite huge like the light yellow ones in back. I love the ones with dark faces as well (below) but thought these clear ones were really neat. My mom would grow pansies in her long flowerbed strip by the driveway each winter, and they would do very well. I first started trying them for myself in Provo when I lived at the house by the Provo River. I would plant them in fall and they would even survive being covered by the snow through Spring. Now I just need to figure out how to get them through summer--move them to the cool side of the house in a pot? I also have never grown them from seed and wonder how easy that might be. I prefer growing things from seed and love it if they reseed themselves--free plants for the next season!

Every year as the weather cools, I can count on the pansies to be in bloom in the winter here and survive the heavy frosts. I used to get them in all white, and combine them with red snapdragons and cyclamen. This year, however, I just went crazy over some of the new colors and mixes. I forgot what these are called (something like wine mix), but I love them and they are starting to do very well. They came from Home Depot and the Tree Man. If I keep feeding them they will get quite large.
No comments:
Post a Comment