Sunday, February 1, 2009

The Wizard of Oz Musical - Coming Soon!

The Wizard of Oz musical is in the works for Peterson Elementary Performing Arts Club. It is scheduled for performances on Thursday, March 26th. I am in charge of the club and hope it all goes well. At this point we are working on the Munchkinland Medley on Tuesdays with all the munchkins, including Caitlyn and Madelyn, and on Thursdays we are reading through the scripts and going over songs and solos. Austin is one of the stage crew and is also the tree "Woody" who throws apples at Dorothy and has 3 lines. The younger girls each have one or two lines. This picture is from the 5th grade promotion in 2008, when Richard was involved in being "promoted" to 6th grade at the middle school. A wonderful and talented artist, Lorilee Kerr, did the set paintings on cardboard and I did the rainbow on three twin-size sheets of blue fabric. We have saved some of the characters, but the greenery, emerald city, balloon and house need to be recreated. I'm glad I took this picture to help give me an idea of how I want the set to look. Can't wait to go pick up more cardboard and get out the spray paints!

No comments: