Saturday, January 24, 2009

2009 New Year's Resolutions: More or Less

It's hard looking back over the years to see what goals I have not yet attained, and then ask myself, were those really worthy goals in the first place? As I look ahead, I know one thing I would really like to improve on is cooking more with better quality and forethought, having nicer dinners with us all together around the table, and being less concerned with the cleanup involved or whether everyone will love what is served. I would like to be more organized and prepared for life and the what-ifs, and have less worry and fear from not being prepared. Save more, spend less. Exercise more, eat less. Clean-up more, mess-up less. Listen more, talk less. Give more, expect less. Love more, judge less. I think that's enough to work on for a year, or a lifetime! Every day/week/month/year is a new beginning, a fresh start to evaluate what to work on that day and see where it takes you.

No comments: