Friday, February 12, 2010

Winter Blooms


My goal is to have the backyard covered in winter blooms, but I have to start a season ahead for that and spent the fall mainly focused on the Peterson Performing Arts Club play "Twas the Night Before Christmas" and the PTA Fall Carnival which we did in November, as well as the primary program the Sunday before Thanksgiving. So all I have blooming (other than rosemary) is this (and one other wimpier) calendula, which my Madelyn loves because she knows the petals are an edible herb. They grow like crazy in front of Dan's parents home in SLO. I transplanted many seedlings of these down in front of the retaining wall so I'm excited to see how they will do in spring. They are a cool weather flower and can bloom all winter, but it's not too late for a spring show.

No comments: